[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Chris Weiland chrisjweiland at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:13:09 UTC 2015

I'm still not able to compile natively.  I got closer by adding the
/opt/vc/include and /opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads to the includes
and /opt/vc/lib to the libraries.  That got the openmax support enabled.
However, the configure script still can't enable the OpenGL ES 2.0
support.  Even when I add /opt/vc/include/GLES2 to the includes.

In other news, I was able to run the pre-compiled 0.27-80 package.
However, playback is a little scratchy.  The audio and video are a little
stuttery.  CPU usage is ~25%.  I tried advanced, fast, and line-double
deinterlacers, none of which looked any different or improved/degraded
performance.  The jerkiness coincides with messages saying "Player(1):
Waited 102ms for video buffers" with a bunch of capital letters afterward.
I couldn't find any log prints about whether or not a deinterlacer actually
got used.

I'm running Raspbian, if that makes any difference.

Let me know if you need any more details or to run any more tests.