[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Nov 27 05:48:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-11-25 at 00:20 +0000, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2015, 4:15 PM Chris Weiland <chrisjweiland at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > First, thank you SO much for creating this.
> > >
> > > Second, the configure script doesn't appear to be enabling openmax
> > > support.  I'm not sure what's preventing it from finding it.  In past
> > > experience, this meant that I needed to install a package from apt,
> but I
> > > should already have everything I need to compile in openmax support
> since I
> > > was developing this as well.
> > >
> > > Do you know what I might be missing?  I'm trying the 27-fixes branch if
> > > that helps.

> it
> integrated
> too.

> weeks
> or EGL
> is
> nicely on

> renderer

> checkout

> here:

> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-v0.27.5-74-g921a92e-RPI2.tar.bz2

> restrictions.

> > I'd like to know this as well. I've been attempting to get this packaged
> > and in a ppa so we can get more testers, but I believe I'll need to
> > repackage the openmax libraries first. I've been using the ones packaged
> by
> > the Ubuntu mate team but it installed the libraries in a non-standard
> > location
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> If you are building the packages natively or in a VM then you will need
> to manually add the paths in the command line to the configure script.
> See my earlier post to Chris Weiland for how to do this.  The
> libraspberrypi-dev package installs the OpenMAX libraries & headers
> under /opt.
>
> -- Lawrence Rust

Hello Lawrence,

Still running into some issues. I'm now building with the following, and
it's finding the OMX stuff

--extra-cflags="-I/opt/vc/include" --extra-cxxflags="-I/opt/vc/include"
--extra-libs="-L/opt/vc/lib"

However it's failing to build saying

/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/vcos_types.h:38:33: fatal error:
vcos_platform_types.h: No such file or directory

(You can see the full build log at
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/227740383/buildlog_ubuntu-wily-armhf.mythtv_2%3A0.27.5%2Bfixes.20151126.9497495-0ubuntu8_BUILDING.txt.gz
 )

I've looked at the build log for libraspberrypi-dev and it does have a

/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads/vcos_platform_types.h

(See the full build log for raspberrypi-firmware at
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/221014670/buildlog_ubuntu-wily-armhf.raspberrypi-firmware_1.20150918-1~wily1.0_BUILDING.txt.gz
 )

Any thoughts on this building error?
--