[mythtv] OpenMAX/Raspberry Pi 2 support

Chris Weiland chrisjweiland at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:32:13 UTC 2015

I know there were fears that the older Pis couldn't support a full fledged mythfronted due to memory constaints and poor cpu performance.  But with the Pi 2, I wouldn't think there would be any hardware limitations to this.  I was able to compile and run the frontend just fine - navigating around felt just fine, but obvioisly I'm unable to actually play videos.

I'm interested in trying to add OpenMAX support to mythfrontend to allow for really cheap front end devices.  I've scoured the archives and have not found any sign of anybody working on this yet.  So I just wanted to express my interest and see if there is anything that I might need to know or if there is someone else already working on this.

Even if I'm not the one to do this, I think this would be a great addition to this already-great project.