[mythtv] epel-testing el7 qtwebkit incompatibility

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Mar 16 14:32:43 UTC 2015

With the qt5 switch upcoming this might be of only temporary interest,
but I'll report it here anyway.  I'm running  v0.28-pre-2683-g7f68683,
locally built, under SL7, and today installed qtwebkit-2.3.4-1.el7 from
epel-testing, upgrading from 2.3.3-3.  I had a failure in mytharchive
before I rebooted, and after reboot mythbackend wouldn't start.

mythbackend: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libQtWebKit.so.4: undefined
symbol: g_type_class_adjust_private_offset

I wanted to get back to a working system, so reverted the 'upgrade',
which also included python-psutil.  Seems ok now.

John P