[mythtv] Announcement: Master/0.28 is moving to QT 5.2

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Sun Mar 8 13:42:28 UTC 2015

On 7/03/2015 11:23 PM, Warpme wrote:
> On 01/03/15 11:47, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>> Within the next couple of weeks we will be switching the minimum QT
>> version
>> from 4.8 to 5.2*
>>
>> QT 4 goes End of Life at the end of this year and so we want our next
>> release,
>> the one users will be using past this deadline to be built on QT 5.
>> Having
>> access to some of the features of QT 5 is also a nice benefit.
>>
>> *5.2 was selected as the minimum version as this is the lowest
>> version offered
>> by all distros we surveyed. We won't rule out a move to a more recent
>> version,
>> i.e. 5.4 which is already available for most distros sometime before the
>> release.
>>
>> We're on the hunt for bugs caused by the switch to QT 5 and this is
>> something
>> you can help us with. So please make sure you're ready for the
>> switch, the
>> earlier you start the transition to QT 5 the smoother the process
>> will be.

Hi Stuart

Im trying to build the latest master with gcc4.9 and Qt5.4.0 (it is an
arm cross build for android (17), S4 real target)
I just updated to the latest this morning and now Im getting.

moc_recording.o:moc_recording.cpp:qt_meta_extradata_DTC__RecordingInfo:
error: undefined reference to 'RecStatus::staticMetaObject'
make[2]: *** [libmythservicecontracts-0.28.so] Error 1

This built fine yesterday before the pull/merge. The Mar 2 commit to
programinfo.h seems to be the culprit.
Can you suggest what is wrong?
I suspect that it needs RecStatus class moced and linkable before this
can work. however libmyth is not build at this point in the compile.
And yes I did a dist clean build (fresh clone).

In case you're wondering about the android port, I have the frontend ui
(pre-pull) working. Ive implemented opensles audio (untested)
I'm having a bit of trouble with openglesv2 (render and video) which Im
trying to get to the bottom of ATM. Qt render works fine.
Went easier (for the most part) than I expected to this stage.

thanks
mark