[mythtv] Updating wiki - question

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 16:33:30 UTC 2015

Backend configuration

Master Backend
Delay between wake attempts (secs)
Wake Attempts
Wake Command

My understanding -
These settings are supposed to supply parameters for frontends to wake
the backend. Therefore when the frontend starts it should get the
parameters from the database and populate the config.xml, so that next
time it starts if the backend is down it can use them to wake it up.

However it does not work. I removed the .mythtv from my frontend home
directory. It successfully connected to the backend and created the
config.xml, but the wakeup settings in config.xml were empty.

The example for the "Wake command" seems to be incorrect. I believe this
should be a wake on lan command rather than the example (sudo
/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart).

The frontend wakeup of the backend does work if you configure it in the
frontend setup.

Am I correct in assuming that the above Master Backend settings do not
currently work (0.27)? Or am I misunderstanding what they are supposed
to do?

Peter