[mythtv] New Schedules Direct feature: "is this Sporting Event over"?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Dec 14 19:57:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> Correct, in the "Don't Shift" case, we don't care. So your sensible default
> is "Do nothing different". Just because it's what we already do doesn't mean
> it wouldn't be considered the default if there are multiple options.

That doesn't seem very sensible as a default to me.  Given that myth
users are recommended to over-provision tuners, I'd expect that
programs following a sporting event should (by default) start
recording at the normally scheduled time, and stop recording at the
scheduled time + the length of time of the over-run.  That would give
the highest probability of catching the full program.  I'd much rather
record too much than not enough.

Eric