[mythtv] New Schedules Direct feature: "is this Sporting Event over"?

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 14 16:09:41 UTC 2015

On 12/14/15 10:59 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 12/14/2015 9:52 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
>> On 12/13/15 3:21 PM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
>>> Described at
>>>
>>> https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON-Service/wiki/API-20141201#downloading-in-progress-for-sporting-events
>>>

>>> Discussion at
>>>
>>> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2756
>>
>> Very cool. Hopefully, this can be adopted by Myth such that it
>> includes a flag to "delay start if preceding program goes over time",
>> which will actually allow me to record entire episodes of "60 Minutes"
>
> From the link -
>
> *a sporting event which runs late will not cause a schedule
> re-generation, because we won't know if the broadcaster is going to
> shift the starting time for subsequent programs, or just "joined in
> progress".*
>
> I don't know how Myth could know that either.
While it's true that you can't know if the broadcaster will shift the
following programs or not, in the case of 60 Minutes CBS *always* shifts
it. Therefore, in the case of this program (and probably others), it
would help to have Myth always shift the recording start time. That's
why I proposed a per-recording flag.

Granted, this will not account for the possible addition of a post-game
show, which even CBS does sometimes add, but it will help for a very
large percentage of the cases.