[mythtv] Service API for updating videosource is removing existing data?

Tobias Sachs diespambox at gmx.net
Sat Dec 12 19:21:50 UTC 2015

Am 09.12.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Robert Kulagowski:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:26 AM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bill and Robert,
>>
>> While I don't have much experience using the "services API" myself, I know
>> that we would like to improve it, and flush it out.  If you have any
>> features or modification you would like to see, please let us know.
>> Patches would be appreciated but even just a description of how it could
>> work better, would be useful.
> If it's a wishlist, then:
>
> -Update methods should only update the fields that are sent and not
> reset everything to default values if not specified (because then
> what's the point of an Update if it just seems to be re-implementing
> Add).
> -Add a method that initiates a hardware scan.
> -Add a method that allows schedule information to be put into the
> database. The Guide methods all seem to be "Get" and there aren't any
> equivalent "Put"s
> -Update the GetChannel / SetChannel call so that it includes things
> like recpriority. If someone has a custom recpriority then if there's
> a lineup change you want to put their recpriority back to what it was
> when you're done updating the channel table.
> -Method to Get/Set metadata for programs (and not just videos)
Hi,
I also have a little request for Santa. I hope he is reading this list
and not to busy because of the nearing holidays...:
I recently created a plugin to interface with MPD and could not find an
API call to retrieve the song id and rating from mythmusic. At the
moment I use a mysql request to directly query the database. I use the
songs filename and title to find the information.
Maybe something like
http://backend/content/GetSongMeta?filename=song.mp3&title=bla

Maybe we should create a wikipage to collect missing api calls?

Greetings
Tobi