[mythtv] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Deacon Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Wed Dec 9 20:37:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 07:19:27PM +0000, Lawrence Rust wrote:

> While on the efficiency tack, I've been able to tweak the OpenMAX
> decoder to share buffers with the video renderer.  This avoids a CPU
> buffer copy.  A 1920x1080 frame occupies ~3MB so @ 30Hz this avoids
> ~100MB/s of CPU copies.  In my tests this lowers CPU overhead by around
> 8% for SD and 15% for HD.

.
.
.

> Optionally download the pre-built archives (~100MB)
> # For Debian wheezy/0.27:
> wget http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-v0.27.5-101-g665ee21-RPI2.tar.bz2

For a data point, using the pre-built wheezy/0.27 referenced above I
see some improvement in the eglfs version, but it still stutter
enough to be unwatchable while xcb is fine as long as you avoid the
OSD.

Source video is 720p60 and 1080i30 to a 1080p60 display via hdmi.
Raspberry Pi2 overclocked to 1GHz.

Pat