[mythtv] Service API for updating videosource is removing existing data?

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Dec 9 13:07:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-09 07:26, John P Poet wrote:
> While I don't have much experience using the "services API" myself, I know
> that we would like to improve it, and flush it out.  If you have any
> features or modification you would like to see, please let us know.
> Patches would be appreciated but even just a description of how it could
> work better, would be useful.

sorry for hijacking the thread but i have a question plus probably a
small wish.
am i right in assuming that it is currently in 0.27-fixes not possible
to get the watched flag for recordings?
i cant seem to find this anywhere in the responses related to getting
the list of recordings.

if it is not there, is it still no there for 0.28 dev version?
if it is missing from next version i would like it to be added, just a
small flag that shows if the recording was watched or not.

the reason for this is because last weekend i was experimenting a bit
with doing a small watch app for my pebble time watch and i now have a
nice list of recent recordings with the ability to trigger a playback
and a config UI for setting the ip to backend and frontend.

the app works quite well too and does what i want, but needs improving a
bit, like a small icon that shows if i have already watched the
recording or not plus at the moment i don't have any list of upcoming
recordings

i notice another odd thing too, when triggering a playback of a
recording via the services api first play attempt only results in
frontend doing a small "hickup" (black then back to menu) and second try
makes it play the recording but when you exit it starts another playback
of the same recording as if the play was queued in the background.