[mythtv] Why are there so many instances of recordedseek?

Steve E simon.sinister at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 22 06:09:39 UTC 2015

I ran iotop and watched it at the top of the hour. When the frontend
playback paused for 4 seconds, msqld jumped to the top of the
process list, using 98% of the I/O for roughly 4 seconds. So, it
does seem to be some MYSQL operation which is introducing these
delays for me.

I've got no hourly cron jobs.

I'll try applying some of the suggested MYSQL tuning changes to
see if they will help.

    Thanks,

    - Steve