[mythtv] Why are there so many instances of recordedseek?

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Tue Apr 21 17:41:48 UTC 2015

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I should look at that.  With 32GB ram I think I could manage that.

I have 8GB on a frontend/backend combo and that has been sufficient.

There are a couple of different "tuning" scripts available. Some of the
recommendations may or may not be the best. But having them for
statistics reporting is useful.  For example, they can tell you the
total size of the indexes in on disk. Surprisingly, mine total 175 MB.
Setting the key buffer size to 200MB gives 99% cache hit rate. That's
very little RAM for the return.

With a decent amount of RAM, one can experiment with the mysql temp
directory (tmpdir parm) on a tmpfs mount too.