[mythtv] Why are there so many instances of recordedseek?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:53:57 UTC 2015

On 21 April 2015 at 15:05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/21/2015 09:53 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
>> Thanks for taking the time to post a much more efficient way - wonder
>> if this could/should be added to the housekeeping code in the backend
>> if it's not already there?
>

> The recordedseek (and all(?--or at least all important) recorded* tables)
> are automatically pruned for orphan entries, already.  I think that's what
> you meant, right?

Exactly right - and I should have just looked it up, only I'm still
trying to unwind the schema update 1261 programid fixes issue.

I think Steve maybe didn't realise he still had recordings from 2009
still on his disk which resulted in the surprise about seeing
recordedseek entries from 6 years ago.

Thanks ever so much for taking the time ti write your detailed post
about 1261. I have database backups going back in time, so I'm trying
to determine why the changes occured despite not ever using DD.

Thanks,
Nick