[mythtv] Why are there so many instances of recordedseek?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 21 14:13:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:11:24AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Ah, nevermind--just saw that sentence in your original post.  It
> does sound like another process or an I/O starvation thing, like
> Richard suggested.  Also check your cron jobs to see if one of them
> may be causing issues.

I encountered issues at the top of the hour in the past when the scheduler
was deciding what to do next, which didn't get along well with trying
to read other data from the database and putting mpeg data onto the disk
from the current recording.

My rather overkill solution was to move mysql to SSD and leave the
recordings on normal harddisks.  This made mysql MUCH happier given seek
time went away and it wasn't sharing the filesystem with the recordings
anymore.

--
Len Sorensen