[mythtv] Can't compile master in SL7.1beta

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Apr 6 03:14:38 UTC 2015

On 04/05/2015 05:39 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 05/04/15 19:19, R. G. Newbury wrote:

>>> It was easy to miss since it wasn't flagged very well and was in a
>>> series of other commits but current master requires Qt5.2 or later to
>>> compile since
>>> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=f5724c60a6b401da232e34a11401804b8bb084a9
>>>

>> I had to add some qt5 specific rpms to get master to compile on fedora
>> 21.qt qt-x11 qt-devel qt-mysql \
>> The original includes (used since Fedora 8 or so!) were:
>>
>> qt qt-x11 qt-devel qt-mysql \
>> qt-webkit qt-webkit-devel \
>>
>> I had to add:
>> qt5-qmake qt5-qtscript* qt5-qtbase* \
>> qt5-qtwebkit qt5-qtwebkit-devel qt5-qtbase-mysql \
>>
>> And master builds nicely again.
>>
>> Geoff
>>
> Paul, Geoff:  Thanks.  Stuarta had previously posted here a similar list
> for f20/21 but I've not yet managed to find all of them, or identify
> equivalents, in SL7  - big surprise..., although what I do have is
> v5.4.1  Gary B has pointed out that the CentOS 7 buildbot is happy with
> current master, so I'll try to find out what it knows that I don't. AIUI
> ansible is supposed to install build requirements but doesn't do the
> actual build.  Does the bot use a specfile or does it use some other magic?
>
> But I think it's perhaps easier to examine first why I'm unable to
> rebuild package-sets needing qt4 on the 'new' box; the hardware is
> almost identical to my 'old' build-and-production box and the OS is
> 7.1beta vs 7.0, but with a less 'rich' (or cluttered) software environment.
>
> Thanks again.

I mis-wrote above: it is actually on Fedora 20. (The mythbox is on F20,
the laptop is on F21, but I needed to make the same changes to the
dependencies installation script because that is what master now requires.

As to CentOS7, I can only suggest that you might be able to take the
Fedora rpms (all on the release or updates repos) and rebuild them, or
the CentOS versions, taking a good look at the spec file to see what the
dependency levels are.

When I first tried making the recent master, it kept failing, but the
error was sufficiently precise as to allow me to determine what was
being looked for. I suspect you will have to do the same. I also suggest
that you 'make distclean' before each pass to avoid any mis-makes. (Is
that a word??) Thanking ${DEITY} for build scripts, it was not too
painful, although somewhat time-consuming, once I realized what was
happening.

Geoff