[mythtv] Can't compile master in SL7.1beta

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 5 21:39:58 UTC 2015

On 05/04/15 19:19, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 04/05/2015 12:01 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> On 05/04/15 16:48, John Pilkington wrote:
>>>
>>> Apologies for the noise.  I found a qt-webkit-devel in epel-testing
>>> that did install, but I'm still getting the same errors when trying to
>>> build fixes or master with qt4 on the new box; qt5 comes later...
>>>

>> It was easy to miss since it wasn't flagged very well and was in a
>> series of other commits but current master requires Qt5.2 or later to
>> compile since
>> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=f5724c60a6b401da232e34a11401804b8bb084a9
>>

> I had to add some qt5 specific rpms to get master to compile on fedora
> 21.qt qt-x11 qt-devel qt-mysql \
> The original includes (used since Fedora 8 or so!) were:
>
> qt qt-x11 qt-devel qt-mysql \
> qt-webkit qt-webkit-devel \
>
> I had to add:
> qt5-qmake qt5-qtscript* qt5-qtbase* \
> qt5-qtwebkit qt5-qtwebkit-devel qt5-qtbase-mysql \
>
> And master builds nicely again.
>
> Geoff

Paul, Geoff:  Thanks.  Stuarta had previously posted here a similar list
for f20/21 but I've not yet managed to find all of them, or identify
equivalents, in SL7  - big surprise..., although what I do have is
v5.4.1  Gary B has pointed out that the CentOS 7 buildbot is happy with
current master, so I'll try to find out what it knows that I don't. AIUI
ansible is supposed to install build requirements but doesn't do the
actual build.  Does the bot use a specfile or does it use some other magic?

But I think it's perhaps easier to examine first why I'm unable to
rebuild package-sets needing qt4 on the 'new' box; the hardware is
almost identical to my 'old' build-and-production box and the OS is
7.1beta vs 7.0, but with a less 'rich' (or cluttered) software environment.

Thanks again.

John