[mythtv] UPNP enabled mythbackend - 100 percent CPU usage

dennis deg at outlook.com
Wed Apr 1 02:39:17 UTC 2015

I am having an issue with the mythbackend consuming 100% of the cpu on
one processor.   I can eliminate this issue by supplying the --noupnp
option when starting the backend.   With out disabling upnp,  the server
starts normally, but within an hour is consuming 100% of one cpu.

This is on the latest 0.27.4+fixes.  It had been a while since I
updated,  so I have no idea how far back this issue started occurring.

Any thoughts on this?