[mythtv] Commflag samples?

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon Oct 27 08:02:29 UTC 2014

On 27/10/2014 4:38 PM, faginbagin wrote:
> It's not the first time the topic has come up, and there has even been at least one patch submitted that attempts to fix it by disabling the lowres mode introduced in 2010. Of course, disabling lowres decoding would come at a very high price in terms of performance. I think I've figured out why lowres decoding broke commflagging of SD recordings and have figured out how to fix it without losing the performance boost of lowres decoding. The details can be found in this ticket:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308
have you checked out

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10793

I also generate log files and then process them with perl and R which
provides a good overview of the variables over time as a graph to see
what the features look like.

There was also another issue with incorrect striding generating bad (re
skewed) frames which means it wont work.

I have also played a bit with a better logo detection algo.
Nothing really good though. Dont have enough time to spend on it
unfortunately.

HTH or is useful.
mark