[mythtv] Commflag samples?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Oct 27 05:38:54 UTC 2014

Back in September, there was a thread on the users list about how mythcommflag accuracy has gone down, especially for SD recordings:

It's not the first time the topic has come up, and there has even been at least one patch submitted that attempts to fix it by disabling the lowres mode introduced in 2010. Of course, disabling lowres decoding would come at a very high price in terms of performance. I think I've figured out why lowres decoding broke commflagging of SD recordings and have figured out how to fix it without losing the performance boost of lowres decoding. The details can be found in this ticket:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308

I'm writing the dev list because in the September thread, Gary Buhrmaster mentioned the existence of "a stash of samples from around the world":
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/575417#575417
I would like to get a hold of that stash so I can test my work against them and report the results.

Thanks in advance,
Helen