[mythtv] [mythtv-users] If you have DirecTV and are affected by "-1", "-2" etc channels please let me know.

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:04:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd like to add support for sub channels in the JSON service at
> Schedules Direct, but I don't have DirecTV so I would need to get some
> details / testers first.
>
> Thanks.

I might be able to test for you.  I don't subscribe to any of the regional
Directv sports channels, so I would not be able to recording anything
useful, but that doesn't mean I can't "tune" them -- which should be enough
of a test for your purposes.

Directv own guide often just says "To Be Announced" on most of them.  I do
see: "Upcoming: Nationals @ Pirates" on 621-1 FSPHD, though.

If you go to:
http://www.directv.com/guide
and look at something like channel 646, you will see 6 of them, but on that
page, they just all have the same channel number.  On my directv STB, they
actually show up as:
646 FSSOHD "FS South HD"
646-1 FSCR...  "FS Carolinas HD (Alternate)
646-2 FSTN...  "FS Tennessee HD (Alternate)
646-3 FSTN...  "FS Tennessee Alternate HD
646-4 FSSO... "FS South Plus HD (Alternate)
646-5 FSSO... "FS South Plus 2 HD (Alternate)

John