[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 11 17:23:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Jonas Arndt <
jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:

>  Could one of the issues here also be what tuner you are watching live tv
>> on? I know some people have the recording and livetv priorities the same
>> for all tuners, while others have them set in opposite directions to
>> minimize the chance of tuner conflicts. Could it be that this problem only
>> shows up if you are watching Live TV on the tuner that the show was
>> scheduled to record on? I know I reported a similar sort of bug (which was
>> fixed in 0.26) a few years back, though in that case, it was cancelling the
>> recording rather than merely putting them into the wrong group:
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10489
>>

>>  Not for me. I have them opposite. That is, I watch on tuner 0 (or the
> lowest available) and the recording will start on tuner 2 (or the highest
> available). I did see a difference if I changed the recording schedule to
> start 5 minutes before the show would start though. It seems then I don't
> get the recording moved to the Live TV recording group.

OK, it was just a thought, since it sounded somewhat related. Though note,
even with your 5 minutes padding (assuming it's soft padding, not hard), if
there isn't an extra tuner available and it needs to do back to back
recording on a tuner, the soft padding would get chopped off and the
problem would resurface. Or would myth kick you out of live tv before
trying to do a back-to-back? I don't recall anymore how myth behaves in the
scenario...the benefits of having lots of tuners :)

--
Ron Frazier