[mythtv] Fwd: MYTHTV -> GPL Violation (someone violating Mythtv GPL License)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 11 11:14:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 11:01 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

> It may be to your advantage as I understand this all started because
> someone wanted to help you fix a bug in minimyth2 but couldn't because
> the source code wasn't available.

Indeed.  The old mantra is "release early and release often" in order to
culture a community of help and support.

Releasing the source may actually alleviate some of the issues and
concerns you have about time and attention.  If you release the source
you give any/everyone willing to look an opportunity to help themselves
instead of *forcing* them to bother you and place further strain on your
own time since they don't have the source an can't help themselves.

b.