[mythtv] code.mythtv.org down?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:41:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 25/07/14 15:56, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> * Do you mean like no IPv6 for servers (let alone for
>>    their own DNS servers(*))?
>

> there are ways around this ;-)

Yes. and I have used at least some of them, but
there ends up being some interesting issues with
(blocking of, or rate limiting) icmp unreachables
for too large when you tunnel if you do not force
the MTU yourself.  While the resource papers
suggest PMTUD blackhole behavior in IPv6 is
no worse than IPv4, tunneling seems to bring
out the worst in some environments (been there,
done that, had the tcpdumps to show it).