[mythtv] MythArchive transcode dependency

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jul 7 21:54:54 UTC 2014

On 07/07/14 21:21, Richard Shaw wrote:
> It's still in the wiki but I'd figure I would check.
>
> Is transcodes still a dependency for mytharchive?
>
> The reason I ask is it hasn't been updated for some time (2011?) and to
> make matters worse it depends on pvm[1] which has been unmaintained for
> even longer and the current package for Fedora breaks the packaging
> guidelines like no tomorrow and the current preference in Fedora is to
> retire it.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Hi Richard:  AFAIR transcode was used in MythArchive to perform
shrink-to-fit in creating a DVD.  The code for mythburn.py now only uses
mythtranscode, which is an entirely different beast that does a
different job, and shrink-to-fit is now handled by M2VRequantiser.  I
posted on the rpmfusion list some time ago suggesting that the rpmfusion
package for that ought to be updated.

Of course I'm not a myth dev...

John P