[mythtv] MythWeb

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:24:29 UTC 2014

>> But surely you need it exposed so that you can set up recordings when
away from home.

> Didn't you read what I wrote earlier? You never present directly the
service.

> You expose it via various methods: such as apache httpd proxy.

Lol. Or SSH port forwarding... Seeing as otherwise you're still running
that huge 7mb RAM process people want to get rid of...

But... I'd side with the modularists... Have all process connect through a
single api (whatever the choice is, web service or whatever) to get data
and ban all direct data connections. And... This unified 'logic and data
engine' should not be presenting any user interfaces... However that is a
huge rewrite from the current architecture of myth.