[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 02:28:29 UTC 2014

On 19 February 2014 13:24, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you considered that the problem may be that we are flushing with
> fdatasync and the metadata not being flushed may be causing the problem for
> the reader thread?
> It would be s simple thing to try by changing sync to a full sync.

I didn't consider it no...

What I'm currently attempting is first retrieving the size of the file
via fstat; and never attempt to read more than what the file is...

But reading the manpage of fdatasync, in our scenario, it shouldn't
make a difference as the file size *is* modified...

it more and more smell like a linux filesystem handling issue; and
we're just trying to find a way around the problem