[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:15:19 UTC 2014

On 19 February 2014 06:21, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:

> So what's your exports and fstab lines? I am worried I need to set some
> other parameters. Mine are:
> exports:
> /data1/Recordings
> 192.168.1.0/24(rw,async,anonuid=109,anongid=119,no_subtree_check)
>
> fstab:
> 192.168.1.9:/Recordings /mnt/backend nfs nfsvers=3,_netdev,timeo=14,intr   0
> 0
> bindfs#/mnt/backend /data1/Recordings fuse
> _netdev,owner=howard,group=howard,perms=0000:u+rwD:g+rwD:o+rD   0   0
>
> I still get freezes though. With and without the patch. The back-end is now
> quiet but the front-end complains

of course, you haven't done what I said *must* be done.

For the frontend to stop using the myth:// protocol, it must think the
files are local.
So the recordings must be in the exact same location on the frontend
as they are on the backend

On your backend your recordings are in /data1/Recordings

on your frontend, your recordings are in /mnt/backend

so your frontend has no idea where to find them.

Also, why the use of such flags in your mount. You said yourself you
didn't know anything about NFS, so no need to make it extra
complicated. keep it simple.
.