[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:03:53 UTC 2014

Hi

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com>
wrote:

> On 02/17/2014 10:12 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>> Moving to Nfs didn't solve this problem.
>>
>> I'm still suffering the exact same problem as what you are seeing.
>>
>> Trying to find a way. So far none of them have proven consistent
>> unfortunately
>>

> Thanks JY
>
> Do you have a link to some info on how to make the front-end use a local
> NFS directory for recordings/livetv? I know that it doesn't fix the
> problem. I just feel this is good information and perhaps it could make the
> problem less frequent or something....
>
> // Jonas

Oh, having the frontend mounts via NFS the recording directory; did solve
the issue.

I was referring to the backed itself using NFS that didn't solve the issue.

For having the frontend use NFS is very simple. On the blackend add to
/etc/exports the path to the recording directory.

On the frontend, create the exact same directory structure as the backend
and mount the recording directory there.

Eg: on the backend the recording directory is /data/recordings

Add /data/recordings to /etc/exports

On the frontend:
mkdir -p /data/recordings
mount -t nfs backend_ip:/data/recordings /data/recordings