[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 23:43:08 UTC 2014

On 15 February 2014 09:33, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:

> There is really nothing else that is calling ThreadedFileWriter::Sync(void)
>
> I am building it with Sync enabled now and see what happens. Perhaps my hard
> drive gets noisy;-)

would be interesting to know..

IMHO, the sync should be called automatically in TFW whenever an
actual write is made... That's why it's threaded to start with

I've just noticed something that could explain some of the behaviour I'm seeing.

On the frontend accessing the recordings/liveTV via myth protocol, it
takes 9s for liveTV to start; yet, playback tells me it's 30s behind
liveTv.. which is just not possible.

When the frontend is using NFS to access the recordings directly; then
it's only 5s behind...