[mythtv] MythTV Forums

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 9 19:55:11 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> > Those who want to access it with NNTP, as God intended, can do that,
> > too.
>
> I was unaware that RFC977 came down from the mountain on stone tablets
> :-)
>
> While I personally prefer email lists to forums, I understand that
> some prefer forums. There is no pleasing all of the people all
> of the time.

Well, sure, but web forums combine all the disadvantages of mailing lists
with all of the disadvantages of Usenet -- with, 30 years of experience
suggests to me, no compensating advantages at *all*, much less ones which
outweigh the disadvantages.

But I don't run the list, and I wasn't asked.  Owel.

Cheers,
-- jra