[mythtv] MythWeb

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 1 22:49:22 UTC 2014

On 30/01/2014 6:33 a.m., Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 Jan 2014 16:59:26 Steve Campbell wrote:
>> b) The integral web interface and frontend seem way outdated compared to
>> Mythweb
>
> Have you actually tried it, in Master, where all the work has been done? Seems
> strange to call it outdated when it's so cutting edge (HTML5, CSS3, etc) that
> only the latest browsers will actually work properly. Similarly it offers
> functionality that mythweb never has, in a way that makes it easier to use and
> it's not even finished yet.
>
> Mythweb hasn't been updated in years.

I wish to inquire about how I might continue to do things I currently do
in the mythweb World. The inquiry is not intended to influence the
decision being debated here, {It sounds exciting to say the least} but
is simply an inquiry seeking to understand. Currently I run mythlinks.pl
and dump the output into \var\www\mythlinks ..\www\mythlinksall and
..\www\mythlinksalldate to give instant views of recordings that are
much quicker to load, search and order than the very slow and nice
mythweb recordings page. From these www pages I can also download a file
suitably named. {I don't want outside access to these large
files....traffic issues....} I was planning to add links into mythweb
for these pages and also to do a minor change to the navigation arrows
so that the click target is the whole cell and not just the tiny
triangles (left.gif (anchor1) and right.gif). Changing class='link' or
making a new class would probably fix it. (I'm currently running 0.25
mythbuntu 10.04 on b/end)

How would I do these things in the new model?

Will I need to do these things in the new model?!

Many thanks indeed.