[mythtv] Chicken-and-egg problem with mythbackend and Services API

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:10:31 UTC 2014

I've been trying to take advantage of the services API for my grabber,
but it looks like if you're starting with a brand new system you're
not going to be able to use the services API to bootstrap the backend
because it will error out:

2014-04-21 15:25:11.435588 E  Scheduler: No channel sources defined in
the database

So although there appears to be a Channel API call for manipulating
channels, you can't get to it until you've already configured at least
one using mythtv-setup.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to call mythbackend and have it
have a less-aggressive startup check?

Thanks.