[mythtv] API - stream live TV

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:02:01 UTC 2014

I have started development of a MythTV iPad/iPhone app since Torc seems to not have been updated in awhile. I have set up HLS streaming for my system using VLC, My Ceton Tuner (rtsp), and apache to serve the HLS files. I use the API to pull the guide info etc. This works really well, but I would love to be able to offer viewing of live tv to everyone in my app. Will the API be updated to offer live tv HLS streams. The only downside to my current setup (besides being non standard) is the myth doesn't know I'm using the tuner.

Thanks!

Greg