[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Apr 6 08:36:18 UTC 2014

On 06/04/14 01:06, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 6 April 2014 02:04, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW, MythWeb appears to work "somewhat". The problem is that I see
>> just a blank page, and it shows only when the application doesn't have
>> the focus anymore.
> Ok.
>
> I have mythweb working partly. However you first need to press M to
> make the menu appear, this causes the web page to show. Pressing any
> keys will do just beep as if nothing had the focus. However pressing
> TAB gives focus to the new menu.
> If you go to another app and back to mythfrontend, then the page
> disappears again until you press M.
>
> Very weird...
>
> Always been issues with focuses in Qt widgets on the mac... this is no better :(

It's probably the way the browser widget works that is causing problems
on the mac.

It's essentially drawn in two different ways depending on where the
focus is. If the
browser widget has focus then we just display the QWebView widget, which
is a separate
window, above what we have on screen. If another MythTV widget/screen
has the focus
then the web view is drawn into an image which is then drawn by MythUI
like any other
image. This allows MythUI popups/screens to appear above the web page.

Changing focus to the menu would hide the QWebView window and draw the image
of the web page. Changing focus back to the web view shows the QWebView
window
and hides the image.

My guess is the mac doesn't like us showing/hiding the window like that?

Paul H.