[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Apr 4 02:58:47 UTC 2014

At 2:30 AM +1100 4/4/14, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On 4 April 2014 02:23, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>>  Do you have any other Mac-specific changes about to happen?
>>
>>  If not, I'll have a go with these changes and report.  May take a little
>>  while; have to set up to do a channel scan to really test 11990.  I don't
>>  have a test system right now and changing/restoring my production database
>>  makes me...nervous.
>
>I made a change with the background color of the text field, from dark
>blue to light blue. As dark blue is also the text selection color.
>
>the Qt default for the mac are all screwed up really...
>
>You don't need to do a channel scan to test really
>
>To reproduce the bug , all you had to do is enter a setting screen,
>that has a button to open another setting screen. Cancel that screen,
>and re-enter again.
>couldn't do anything from that point on.
>
>In Settings -> Video -> Playback , go to page 3. Click Add New Entry
>exit
>Re click on Add New Entry
>
>press a key -> beep
>
>now try again with the patch on

OK, I've checked that all the bits that were recently modified
(latest 0.27-fixes but including the two commits to master) work OK
for me on 10.6.8.  Well, except AirPlay of photos--I've tried a LOT
of different things but can't make that work.  Must be a MacPorts-Qt4
glitch but it eludes me.

Also tested the build on 10.9.2 and all seems well there.

I know it is not a big deal to you, but I finally tracked down a
build problem that has plagued me from the start on
MacPorts--installed versions of the libs would be referenced due to
an '-L/opt/local/lib' early in the linker's args.  I finally realized
that it only affected libmythtv.  mythtv/libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro
includes the line:

QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB += $${FREETYPE_LIBS}

configure has filled FREETYPE_LIBS with the output from
'freetype-config --libs'.  On OS X, I get:

$ freetype-config --libs
-L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -L/opt/local/lib -lz -lbz2 -L/opt/local/lib -lpng14

I'm guessing that FreeType is trying to be 'helpful' since MacPorts
installed it to a 'non-standard' location.

Anyway, the line in libmythtv.pro is wrong.  FreeType's libs _are_
included later in the linker parameters.  Other uses of
QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB are for linker flags, not library references.  For
example, line 83 of libmythupnp.pro sets:

QMAKE_LFLAGS_SHLIB += -flat_namespace

The above is in 0.27-fixes.  In master, I see that dblain wrapped the
problem line in a conditional so that it would be excluded on
win32-msvc*.  I presume it was messing with him, too!

I've deleted the offending line (line 52) and built successfully with
both XCode 3.2.6 and XCode 5.1.0.

Should I raise a bug for this?

Craig