[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1046-gd7de3ff

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 3 02:32:55 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 07:29 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 3 April 2014 09:18, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> There's still, what I think is a related issue that I only ever saw on
>> the mac. When you go into the settings like the playback profile and
>> edit the profile, when you come back no key works. It seems like the
>> focus is somewhere else and any keypress just results in a beep.
>>
>> You have to use the mouse to be able to click on the button and exit
>> the screen and take back control
> Hmmm...
>
> Actually editing the playback profile such as adding a new entry or
> deleting an old entry is another issue.
>
> That code is completely broken...
>
> When you valide the new entry screen, all it does is recreate a full
> screen with the new data filled in and having it floating around.
>
> The previous settings widget is still there (above the new one on a
> mac, and below the old one on linux). With the slots still connected
> so when you press a key the behaviour is really undefined...
>
> On a mac, it also means the new screen may not have the focus, and
> that's why it causes beep to be heard when you press a key.
>
> Not sure there's much point fixing that particular settings screen,
> it's lots of work and it's all due to disappear at some stage

Yeah, it's a mess.  Basically the only way to use it (on GNU/Linux, at
least) is to define or delete a profile from the Playback Profile Group,
then Next all the way through to get back to the settings menu, then go
back in, then define/delete another profile, then Next all the way...
It takes a while, but it works.  It's a good thing that there's not much
reason for users to define their own profiles/groups, anymore (now that
we have so many good ones pre-defined).

Mike