[mythtv] IPTV with an external channel changer

Lincoln lincoln at performaplus.co.nz
Tue Oct 29 22:06:54 UTC 2013

On 29/10/2013 11:40 p.m., Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 29 October 2013 20:33, Lincoln <lincoln at performaplus.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Are you referring to tickets #10879 or #11365 - because those don't refer to
>> mythtv 0.27, and in 0.26 with an external tuner script my backend still
>> connected to the iptv source.
> no idea.
>
>> I image I am one of those people you refer to as I did previously use a
>> channel changer but now call it with system events rather than the 'external
>> changer' as suggested on this list - please see
>> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/555378).
>>
>> When an external tuner is specified in 0.27 mythbackend no longer connects
>> to the network socket so in what situation can it actually be used with
>> iptv?
> again, the channel changer wasn't used with IPTV in 0.26; this is a
> change that was introduced in 0.27
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/f077d230c3819ee1ebfd15a878aada78d7a5a224
>
> to fix #11365
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11365

Yes I realise that the unmodified 0.26 didn't call the external channel
changer, but it did still tune the video, 0.27 doesn't.

Have you tested iptv with an external changer script specified?
Surely this must be a bug; how can the intended behaviour be that an
external changer command is 'supported' but also breaks iptv and is
unusable?

I'm not asking this to be a nuisance, my own system is working with
system events now. I just think for the sake of other users, the backend
should either: connect to the video, or, log that it isn't connecting to
the video because an external tuner is specified.

Lincoln