[mythtv] Metadata download disable patch - guidance needed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 05:06:42 UTC 2013

On 9 October 2013 15:22, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> AutoMetadataLookup seems to be completely orphaned - in 0.27 it is
> only referenced in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/recordingrule.cpp
> RecordingRule::RecordingRule() and there is no way I can find of
> setting or changing its value.  In fact, all of the GetNumSettings
> calls in the RecordingRule::RecordingRule() constructor seem to be for
> orphaned settings.  I have not delved too far into that, but I think
> it probably has to do with the change to using a default template to
> create the recording rules, and I am guessing that all the values that
> are defaulted in the constructor will be overwritten from values in
> the template rule when that is loaded.  But I have not checked on that
> at all.  AutoMetadataLookup used to control whether a new recording
> rule had the record.autometadata flag set when it was created.  The
> code for setting it (in globalsettings.cpp) disappeared in 0.26.

IMHO, how it is now is completely broken.

the AutoMetadataLookup setting isn't used.

In the recording screen the default value is set to the value of this
setting; but what you do there is completely ignored later.

So, changing the way the the scripted is started by the backend isn't
going to work.
There's currently no UI to toggle the value of AutoMetadataLookup that
will actually cause an effect...

I had a look as I thought it would be a simple fix; but it isn't...

In 0.26; each recording rule would constrol the meta data download for
that particular recording...

to be honest, I'm not even sure the way mythmetadalookup is started
would actually properly do what it's supposed to do and retrieve the
metadata for all the recordings.

I need to run some additional test