[mythtv] Regarding cross compilation of Mythtv for ARM

Brajesh Sharma s.brajesh at mobiveil.com
Tue Oct 8 12:23:30 UTC 2013

Hello Member,

I am trying to run Mythtv on Pandaboard (omap4) for that iam cross
compiling the mythtv source code but i am getting an error while
configuring .Please have a look at it and suggest me suitable actions
required.

export CC="distcc
/usr/local/xtools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc
"

export CC="distcc
/usr/local/xtools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++"

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/arm_stuff/arm-mythtv --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-sdl --enable-libvpx --cpu=cortex-a9 --arch=arm --enable-libfaac
--enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree

------output of ./configure--------
Configuring zeromq...
configure: error: in
`/home/bala/workshop/apps/mythtv/mythtv-fixes-0.27_arm/mythtv-fixes-0.27/mythtv/external/zeromq':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

I tried to configure zeromq seperately in that it is saying uuid not
installed though libuuid is there and io have given the path of it to
configure
---------------------------ouput of ./confiure in zeromq-----------
hecking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: cannot link with -luuid, install uuid-dev

Although when i configured it for x86 (i.e no x-compilation) No such error
came .

Please suggest me what should i do .

Thanks & regards