[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.27-pre2-1006-g5f904a5

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue May 7 14:14:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-06, at 4:22 PM, Karl Dietz wrote:

>> This commit mostly fixes lossless transcoding for atsc/ac3 recordings for me. That's big news so thank you.
>
> when jumping to the above commit you'll also get this one
> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=a9b906528ec607400ee2427354bcd84a6a1ce51e

Strangely enough I tried that commit but it didn't fix lossless transcoding for me. The problem that kicked off this thread, post-build audio problems until a reboot, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with how I roll out releases. For years and years I've been copying the source into a new folder, so it's cleaner than a distclean, building, uninstalling from the previous build folder, installing the new, and then building and installing the plugins so they see the newest headers. I do this to avoid cruft building up when executables or libraries get renamed but maybe it's leaving behind something? I don't know.

Anyhow I'm glad lossless transcode has finally returned.

- George