[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.27-pre2-1006-g5f904a5

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon May 6 14:54:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-05, at 7:40 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On Monday, 6 May 2013, George Nassas wrote:
> This commit mostly fixes lossless transcoding for atsc/ac3 recordings for me. That's big news so thank you.
>
> I don't see how it would have fixed anything existing. It's only a formatting fix, there's no code change.
> It would have added however the new demuxers added by the 1.1 version (changes listed in the release/1.1 change log)
> Atsc is an existing format, and no change was made to it (just added spaces to the text)

Hmmm, that's odd. Ever since lossless transcoding stopped working last November I've been jumping on ffmpeg resyncs in the hope lossless would return. This is the first time it has worked but it's possible I missed a significant commit in the recent past.

> The hitch is that audio in the output file isn't quite right
>
> Did you open a bug for this? Please provide a sample.

I tried creating samples but now I no longer see the missing audio problem even though it's the same code and other episodes of the same show. All that happened between then and now was the machine shut down while I was out for the day. Very strange.

> HLS streaming still craps out with an audio init error.
>
> Is this the hls encoder or player? The player is broken for the time being...

Encoder. It's the problem I describe here:

Nobody replied when I asked if anyone is able to create HLS streams and I got distracted and never opened a ticket.

The fact that rolling back to a previously working revision didn't restore streaming and now the strangeness above makes me wonder if something is wrong on my system. On the other hand it's debian wheezy, which just became the stable release, plus a few packages from deb-multimedia.org. Nothing scary there.

- George