[mythtv] Problems with Hauppauge Nova TD Dual Tuner USB Stick and Mythtv, no problems in Windows!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 28 20:40:01 UTC 2013

On 03/28/2013 03:51 PM, Another Sillyname wrote:
> As the device isn't supported properly in Myth/Linux I had to compile
> the V4L drivers, I'm running Fedora 18 x64 Kernel 3.8.4-202 and V4L
> compiled last night, using Mythtv from the RPMFusion repos so
> 26.0.7--18.

What?  According to:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

the Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick is supported in Linux and has been since
kernel version 2.6.24 (which is pretty ancient), and MythTV has had
support for the Linux DVB API for ages.

You're not trying to set it up as a V4L device in MythTV are you?

Mike