[mythtv] Submitting Feature Request

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 22:43:48 UTC 2013

On 21 March 2013 08:42, Steve Campbell <orcusmaximus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of feature requests for MythWeb, along with code diffs to
> go with them, but it's very confusing as to how to do it.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo says that if it's not a bug,
> don't raise a ticket, it should be added to the Wiki as a feature request.

IMHO this is an obsolete way of doing things, and the whole "feature
request without a patch" was a not-so-helpful approach.

I don't believe there's been any tickets closed as feature request
without a patch for a while now... Most devs agree it's not the way to
go.

On the other hand, you don't want to clutter trac too much.

In your case, I would just open a ticket, submit what you have ; or better.
open a ticket, clone the git repository and provide pull request instead.

It's much easier to review and apply back to the main tree.

Jean-Yves