[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.27-pre2-1497-g3c8f209

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Jun 19 02:46:01 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18, at 8:08 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 19 June 2013 08:58, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> jumping forward or backward gets Apple's player into some kind of mode where the sound warbles and gradually loses sync with the video
>
> do you get this when you don't seek within playback?

No. I streamed the entire 30 minute program and it was spot on.

>> VideoDecodeBuffer avformatdecoder.cpp:4622 (GetFrame) - AFD: Audio 40320680 ms behind video but already 220 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
>
> can you upload the entire file somewhere so I could try reproducing it ?

It’s a 5 gig file. If you’re still game contact me off list and I’ll set up something where you can scp it off my mythbox. I just upgraded my DSL to 10Mbits outgoing and I would love to saturate the line.

Failing that I put the first 95 megs at http://users.vianet.ca/gnassas/AudioProblem.mpg

>> Possibly the output of lossless transcode disagrees with what avformatdecoder wants to see at the beginning of a video? The resulting stream takes forever to start in the player and is audio-only, I get blank for the video.
>
> how does playing the original file work?

Playing with the frontend gives around 9 seconds of silence then audio, playing on my mac with MPlayerX gives audio from the beginning.

- George