[mythtv] Wii frontend

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jun 17 16:12:27 UTC 2013

* On Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 12:16:43AM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> When the recordings and videos lists merge won?t myth end up with
> a single ID to reference any kind of video material? I?ve never seen
> any discussion to that effect but it seems like an obvious move. A
> welcome one too. Assuming I?m right, that would be the time to unleash
> client-breaking changes.

There will be an ID per file.  The recordings and videos will still
be stored separately, but they'll share a common set of tables for
things like the file(s) behind the recording or video and the
seektables associated with those files.  A recording might have
two files due to an interrupted recording process or multiple
resolutions such as the original and a transcode or both HD and SD
versions recorded.  Videos could be similar or have multiple parts
as is supported currently.

We have also talked about replacing the chanid/starttime with a
unique RecordingID, but I'm not sure if Michael T. Dean is rolling
that into the updated schema or if it is feature creep.  The
original schema design for the shared tables was something that
I was working on 4 years ago but as with always, our TODO lists
are a mile long and real life has some of us like me moving at
a snail's pace so I passed it off.

--
Chris