[mythtv] update cec support to work with v2 of libcec

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Jun 9 16:50:57 UTC 2013

Adding the patch to trac is probably a good idea.
And yes I agree the cec "support" in mythtv needs more work.
As a minimum hooking up the code to the screensaver so mythtv activates the
tv when coming out of screensaver is probably a good idea.

I was considering doing this today by simply polling the screensaver state
to detect changes and then make mythtv the active source.
but I didn’t have time today and it would only be a hack, it should be done
much better.

While messing around with libcec I also found that the version of libcec
(ver 2.0.5) in fedora 17 is not compiled with auto detection of the com port
used by the usb adapter.
This made the current code in mythtv not work at all so I had to compile my
own version again (ver 2.1.3)