[mythtv] Python: collecting searchRecorded into list() has side effects

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jul 26 11:13:50 UTC 2013

The database object should be reused if possible, as it eliminates the need to re-read the config.xml file, and allows the use of custom connection credentials, however the database object is Brit itself a connection, it's just a reference to a shared pool of connections.  Creating new ones shouldn't inherently produce new connections.  Connections are only created when you have a bunch of open cursors.

I'm flying back home this afternoon.  I'll take a closer look at it this weekend.