[mythtv] Scheduled recordings of programs from Internet HLS streams?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:59:15 UTC 2013

On Thursday, 18 July 2013, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >

> I've looked at the RFC that specifies HLS
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-11) - in
> the #EXTINF field, was there a reason that you chose "300" as the
> "channel number" for your NasaTV feed and went up from there?

That's the channel number. Because of my home setup: 0-99 FTA; 100-199 IPTV
, 200- hls

But the channel xmltvid isn't defined in the hls stream (with extension
m3u8), but the playlist used for both IPTV and HLS and where you put the
various URLs.. There's an extended #EXTMYTHTV field; set like so
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=aljazeera.net