[mythtv] Scheduled recordings of programs from Internet HLS streams?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 12:34:50 UTC 2013

I've checked the archives and didn't find anything, so:

Using jya's HLS file, it seems that HLS is currently only used for Live TV?

If a content provider is simulcasting, and there's a source of guide
data (Tribune) where the internet stream matches the feed that you can
get from a cable or satellite provider, is there anything that
prevents scheduled recordings from using a network recorder?

I've added some fields to the JSON guide data service at Schedules
Direct that will allow for a stationID to specify a URL and to allow
users to add an "Internet" headend to a Schedules Direct account, but
haven't dug in deep enough to see if MythTV can take advantage of that
yet. Is the necessary "glue" already in place?

Thanks